Join fellow SSHSA members for an exciting weekend in Long Beach aboard the QUEEN MARY May 2-5, 2013 in Long Beach, CA
Register Today for the ShiPosium & Annual Conference
• 2nd Annual President’s Reception
• ShiPosium II, a networking lunch and reception onboard the USS IOWA
• Annual Banquet with awards and Keynote speech
• Special presentation by SSHSA member and maritime artist Ken Marschall and tour of MaritimeMatters’ contributor Peter Knego’s ocean liner collection.
• Harbor tour onboard the Los Angeles Maritime Museum’s historic tug ANGELS GATE
• Day trip to San Pedro, CA, where you’ll have the opportunity to visit the Los Angeles Maritime Museum, Point Fermin Lighthouse, Pacific Red Car Line, and more
• Plus, meet fellow Steamship Historical Society Of America members!
May 2-5, 2013
MARTIN COX - Founder and publisher of MaritimeMatters, inspired by maritime culture and technology growing up in the port of Southampton. He works as a photographer in Los Angeles, and his photography has been exhibited in LA, San Francisco, New York and London.The LA Maritime Museum has commissioned works and collected his photographs. Martin is the co-writer of the book “Hollywood to Honolulu; the story of the Los Angeles Steamship Company” published by the Steam Ship Historical Society of America. A catalog from his series STRANDED (twilight of the ocean liner) was also published last year.
Latest posts by Martin Cox (see all)